Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Silent Treatment

Although I’m sure you’re very wise,
There are some things you can’t disguise
And I can see them in your eyes
I guess it’s high time something dies...
And if you’re frightened,
You can always take my hand.

Stop being nice to me
Your company loves misery
(Won’t you listen,
Won’t you go to -)

Hell is such a lonely place
Give me one last embrace
(Silent Treatment,
Merde! Goodbye!)

I’m like a carnival balloon
Or an impending, frail cocoon
Both are destroyed so very soon
And now my head’s starting to swoon...
And if I’m frightened,
Will you ever take my hand?

And if I take defence
Will you lose your common sense?
(Tell me something
I did not know -)

Off you go now, play it fair
- But that’s your own affair
(Tic-toc! Snip-snap!
That’s it! Goodbye!)

Some things are better left untold
And as these shallow tales unfold
I’m growing still and growing cold
It’s good I’m never growing old...
And now I know that
You will never take my hand.

Hold your tongue and hold your breath
Turn the back to catch your death
(Rap-tap! Who’s that?
Damned spot, out I -)

Say you’ll love me to the end
I’m breaking as I bend
(Tic-toc! Snip-snap!
Rap-tap! Who’s that?)

Here comes a candle to light my bed
Here comes a chopper to chop off your head...!
Are we both worth nothing now?

1 comment:

Stupida said...

If we knew what we are, we should do as Sir Arthur Jermyn did; and Arthur Jermyn soaked himself in oil and set fire to his clothing one night.

H.P. Lovecraft